Hiking in the Grossarl valley
Hiking in Großarl
A hiker’s paradise – hiking holiday in Salzburg!
Long and exciting hiking paths await you in the Grossarl valley. There are more than 40 operating mountain huts in the area! They are open from the end of May/beginning of June to the end of October.
Approximately 250km of marked paths lead you through the breathtaking fauna and flora of the surrounding mountain world. Everything from leisurely walks to comfortable hikes all the way to long high-altitude tours can be done here. There are also many events during the summer, including music and singing in the mountains.
During the “farmer’s autumn fest” there are many traditions to be encountered. We offer a guided hike once a week to the mountain huts in the area. In addition, there is a weekly, guided high-altitude hike in the Hohen Tauern. These tours require greater conditioning.
The hiking paradise in the Grossarl Valley offers the following:
- Varied range of hiking offers on approximately 250km of marked paths
- Over 40 operating mountain huts
- Lift-assisted hikes with the summer operation of the Grossarl mountain cable cars
- Great weekly events -Stress-free hikes with the Grossarl hiking taxi
- Hike on the Chapel Path in the Grossarl valley